The Democrats should be shaking in their boots over the election in Pennsylvania. Not only is Trump attracting massive crowds to his rallies but he has now been endorsed by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette editorial board. They are one of Pennsylvania’s largest newspapers and they have not endorsed a Republican for president since 1972.
Pennsylvania was the killer for Hillary and they could easily be the killer of Joe Biden. If Biden loses Pennsylvania, he has a very narrow path to victory. President Trump looks like a lock in Iowa, Florida and Ohio, voter fraud not withstanding. I see the excited crowds at the Trump rallies and I don’t see himmas the underdog.
A lot of people say it is just like 2016 but they are wrong. The rallies have taken in new meaning. In2016, Trump was a novelty and many people went just to see what it was like. But this year, Trump is running on a long line of accomplishments, not the least of which is his selection of three Supreme Court appointees.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette editorial board said:
“This newspaper has not supported a Republican for president since 1972. But we believe President Trump, for all his faults, is the better choice this year.”
“We share the embarrassment of millions of Americans who are disturbed by the president’s unpresidential manners and character — his rudeness and put-downs and bragging and bending of the truth.”
“No one ever asked the American people, or the people in ‘flyover,’ country, if they wanted to send their jobs abroad — until Mr. Trump. He has moved the debate, in both parties, from free trade, totally unfettered, to managed, or fair, trade. He has put America first, just as he said he would.
Listing the reasons Americans should vote for Trump, the editorial board said:
- The Economy: “Under Donald Trump the economy, pre-COVID, boomed, like no time since the 1950s. Look at your 401(k) over the past three years.”
- Employment: “Unemployment for Black Americans is lower than it has ever been, under any president of either party.”
- Trade: “Under Mr. Trump, our trade relationships have vastly improved and our trade deals have been rewritten. Thanks to him, middle America is on the map again and the Appalachian and hourly worker has some hope.”
- The Supreme Court: “He also kept his promise to appoint originalists to the Supreme Court of the United States. His third appointment, Amy Coney Barrett, is the best of all — a jurist whose mind and character and scholarship ARE first class.”
- Energy Independence: “Under Mr. Trump the United States achieved energy independence for the first time in the lifetimes of most of us. Where would Western Pennsylvania be without the Shell Petrochemical Complex (the “cracker plant”)?”
Let’s pray for Trump’s reelection and don’t forget to vote.