AOC is taking heat over her recent comments about Gov, Ron DeSantis, who claimed that he had been missing for two weeks when he should have been addressing the pandemic. That is an odd thing to say.
First of all, he was not missing for 2 weeks, he was gone for a couple of days so that he could be with his wife as she was being treated for cancer. Secondly, Florida has the lowest rate per capita of the disease. New York has the highest rate and in fact, is responsible for over 25% of all new cases.
“If Republicans are mad they can’t date me they can just say that instead of projecting their sexual frustrations onto my boyfriend’s feet. Ya creepy weirdos.”
“It’s starting to get old ignoring the very obvious, strange, and deranged sexual frustrations that underpin the Republican fixation on me, women, & LGBT+ people in general. These people clearly need therapy, won’t do it, and use politics as their outlet instead. It’s really weird.”
LGBT+ people in general. These people clearly need therapy, won’t do it, and use politics as their outlet instead. It’s really weird.”
National Review reported that, according to photographs obtained by the publication, that she was sitting outside without a mask in Miami. She then criticized Gov, Ron DeSantis over the pandemic.
The responses have been brutal:
- Kurt Schlichter, columnist: “Well, this broke the cringe meter.”
- Dave Rubin, political commentator: “People are fixated with you for being an entitled, hypocritical, socialist, lockdown happy, vaccine mandate-ho while vacationing in the free state of Florida. You just suck as a person and as a public servant. That’s really the extent of it.”
- Amber Athey, journalist: “‘Saying you don’t want to date me proves you want to date me.’ This is peak cringe millennial woman brain.”
- Brian Riedl, economist: “Ladies and gentlemen, your United States Congress.”
- Jennifer Van Laar, journalist: “Republican women are not sexually frustrated, ma’am. Perhaps your fixation on our sex lives is a bit of projection?”
- Jon Gabriel, editor: “Same. The only reason anyone disagrees with my articles is because I’m so hot.”
- Tim Carney, writer: “This is a very weird thought to make public.”
- Andrew Follett, writer: “Nobody on the right wants to date you. Nobody. We just think it’s hilarious that you fled to a free state just when your home state is going through a crisis. And that u use ur boyfriend to embezzle money from your donors.”
- Karol Markowicz, columnist: “Remember when AOC had someone really sharp tweeting for her and that person was king/queen of the clapback? She should rehire them.”
- John Fund, political commentator: “I am beginning to think that AOC has been protected from herself until now by handlers. She may not be ready for prime time. Chuck Schumer just might breath a sigh of relief.”
- Noam Blum, editor: “There’s being defensive and then there’s this.”
- A.J. Delgado, political commentator: “You set women back with this ‘Y’all just criticize me bc you want me!’ talk.