Ilhan Omar is getting slammed for criticizing people on what appears to be a charter flight singing songs of praise to God. What a bigot. I have seen Muslims pray before the plane takes off and sometimes when the plane lands. No one cares. But, what would Omar say if someone tweeted about them?
The exact details of the flight are not known. In fact, there isn’t even evidence of when this video was made. But, no one is wearing a mask, so if it is recent, then it must be a private charter flight. And if it is a private charter flight, other than bigotry, there is no reason to criticize the video.
“I think my family and I should have a prayer session next time I am on a plane. How do you think it will end?”
I think my family and I should have a prayer session next time I am on a plane. How do you think it will end? pic.twitter.com/5696Erwsl5
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) April 17, 2022
Here is a sampling of the comments made about the Omar Tweet:
- Shant Mesrobian, writer: “A member of Congress is supposed to have the restraint and maturity to not post a stupid, random, old video that for some reason is going viral right now as a way to score religious culture war points on a holy day for millions of people around the world.”
- Kurt Schlichter, attorney and columnist: “I think you should shut up and stop being a bigot.”
- Jose de Jesus Ortiz, writer: “I like to sleep on a plane. I would have been a tad annoyed by this, but this tweet by Ilhan Omar is tone death and perhaps even anti Christian even. FYI, @IlhanMN , many families have prayer sessions on planes before, after, during flights. I pray before & upon landing.”
- Jason Osborne, political strategist: “Oh good lord it’s clearly a charter flight. No masks, but sure, let’s make an issue and on Easter no less.”
- Asra Q. Nomani, activist and former professor: “One thing upon which we can depend: Ilhan Omar/CAIR is a perpetual participant in the Oppression Olympics. And as Easter begins, she has to compete with a Christian ‘prayer session.’”
- Joe Pags Pagliarulo, radio host: “Why does this person who lives free and liberated because of the compassion of our country not appreciate that we’re a Judeo-Christian society uniquely founded to protect those of all faiths? Why does she constantly denigrate the place that offered her so much? Praying for her.”
- Avi Kaner, business owner: “Ilhan Omar @IlhanMN attacks a group of Christian volunteers on an @easyJet flight in Europe delivering aid to Ukraine, because they’re singing. She has no idea about what transpired and whether or not it was approved. But it’s suddenly about her.”
- John Cardillo, political commentator: “Without issue. I’ve been on many flights with Muslims saying a prayer before takeoff. No one cares.”
- Mike Cernovich, political commentator: “Over 25,000,000 views. Thank you for sharing and spreading a positive message on Easter.”
- Nick Searcy, actor: “Wa alaikum salaam? Allahu Akbar? Don’t you know? Maybe you could ask your brother, or your husband, or whatever.”
The video has gone mega-viral and has been viewed over 25 million times.