Empire actor Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation for filing a false police report, according to Chicago police.
Empire’s Jussie Smollett is now a suspect in a criminal investigation on filing a false police report. If he is convicted he could get probation or up to 1.5 years in prison.
Today detectives presented evidence before Cook County Grand Jury. The two brothers that Smollett hired to stage the false attack were at the courthouse with their attorney.
What we know:
- Smollett was behind the racist letter sent to the Empire set.
- He didn’t get a big enough response to the letter to planned the staged “Hate Crime”.
- The Osundairos brothers confessed they were paid $3500 each to be the “attackers.”
- They are caught on camera at a Home Depot buying the rope for the lynching rope.
- They are caught on camera at another location buying sky masks and a hat.
- Brothers appeared in court today.
- Smollett is expected to surrender and appear in bond court tomorrow at 1:30 pm.
Smollett’s attorney released this statement:
“Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked. Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount an aggressive defense.”
Staging a hate crime to make fellow Americans look a certain way because you disagree with their political values is wrong. How can someone desire presumption of innocence when you have to stage a hate crime attack to create the idea that conservatives are guilty of being hateful.
Isn’t it a coincidence that Kamala Harris is trying to pass an anti-lynching bill, which there hasn’t been a reported “lynching” since 1981. Decades ago. Then all the sudden Smollett comes out with this “lynching” theme in is a report of a hate crime.
Perhaps this story will expose the level Democrats are willing to go to push the perception they want people to have of President Trump and his supporters.
UAF Contributor: Marie Penetranti