fbpx
GOP Sen. Rand Paul harassed by NY couple while eating lunch in California

GOP Sen. Rand Paul harassed by NY couple while eating lunch in California

Republican Senator Rand Paul was verbally assaulted by two left-wing protesters while out to lunch with his staff at a California restaurant.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul was confronted by two people while eating lunch Friday with his staff at a California restaurant.

Paul’s deputy chief of staff, Sergio Gor, captured the moment in a video he posted to Twitter.  “While having lunch with @RandPaul in California, we got verbally assaulted by these aggressive libs complaining about incivility,” Gor wrote. “Check out the vid! #unhinged

“You just ran into two people from New York, kiddo, and we’re not putting up with your Republican bulls–t,” the woman in the video shouts at Gor.

The Kentucky senator is on a nationwide tour to promote his new book “The Case Against Socialism.”

Paul retweeted the video and said that while “the left blames incivility” on the president, he urges voters to “watch this video and decide who the rude ones are.”

 

“This is not every New Yorker, but I see this way too often in New York City, though,” said “Fox & Friends: Weekend” host Jedidiah Bila. Noting that this happens when people recognize you and they know that you have a different opinion.

“At the end of the day when you see lawmakers, when you see people that are in this process, let them eat their dinner,” said co-host Griff Jenkins.

“And also, people who do these things: It may feel in the moment that you’re taking a stand, but this is not a good look for you…Have some respect,” Bila added.

See entire article here: GOP Sen. Rand Paul harassed by NY couple while eating lunch in California

Sanders New York rally marks largest of primary campaign

Sanders New York rally marks largest of primary campaign

Bernie Sanders’s campaign rally in New York City brought in nearly 26,000 attendants, making it the largest audience of the entire Democratic primary thus far.

Bernie Sanders’s campaign rally in New York City brought in nearly 26,000 attendants, making it the largest audience of the entire Democratic primary thus far.

At the “Bernie is Back” event in Queens, the Vermont senator sought to fight back against concerns that his White House run is in jeopardy following his heart attack earlier this month. The rally featured a number of high-profile speakers who offered their endorsements, including liberal filmmaker Michael Moore and Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

According to a security firm that worked at the event, 25,872 supporters showed up for the rally, making it larger than Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s Washington Square Park rally in September that had an estimated 20,000-22,000 people. At Sen. Kamala Harris’s announcement in Oakland, California, an estimated 10,000 people attended, with another estimated 12,000 in overflow.

The Sanders campaign said the City Parks department permitted the event to hold 15,000 people, but another 10,000-plus individuals watched from outside the perimeter.

Shortly after stepping on stage, Sanders reassured supporters that he is more than fit to continue his second White House run.

“I am more than ready to take on the greed and corruption of the corporate elite and their apologists. I am more ready than ever to create a government based on the principles of justice,” Sanders said. “To put it bluntly,” he added, “I am back.”

Read entire article here: Sanders New York rally marks largest of primary campaign

Tulsi Gabbard blasts Hillary Clinton after Russian asset comments: ‘I stand against everything she represents’

Tulsi Gabbard blasts Hillary Clinton after Russian asset comments: ‘I stand against everything she represents’

Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard fired back at Hillary Clinton’s comments on a podcast in which she claimed there is a current primary contender who is an “asset of the Russians.”

Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, fired back at Hillary Clinton’s comments on a podcast in which she claimed there is a current primary contender who is an “asset of the Russians.”

On “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson said a news reporter later asked Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill if the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard.

Carlson said Merrill responded with the comment, “If the nesting doll fits, this is not some outlandish claim, this is reality.”

The former secretary of state is targeting her because she opposes Clinton’s foreign policy platform, the Hawaii lawmaker said.

Gabbard told Carlson that Clinton and her “proxies” are sending a message not only to her but to veterans, active service members and Americans who are against foreign interventionism.

“They are saying that you are also a Russian asset — that you are also a traitor to this country,” Gabbard said. “The reason why she is doing this is because, ultimately she knows that she can’t control me — that I stand against everything that she represents, and that if I’m elected president, that she won’t be able to control me.”

Gabbard dared Clinton to run for president in 2020, fighting back against assertions that she is a Russian asset

Source: Tulsi Gabbard blasts Hillary Clinton after Russian asset comments: ‘I stand against everything she represents’

‘Donald Trump’ bound, abused appears in Dhvani’s Tim

‘Donald Trump’ bound, abused appears in Dhvani’s Tim

President Trump — held against his will and abused — is the focus of a new ad campaign by the athletic apparel company Dhvani.

President Trump — held against his will and abused — is the focus of a new ad campaign by the athletic apparel company Dhvani.

Times Square ad space has been purchased for the #StandForSomething campaign, which features the commander in chief bound in red, white, and blue rope while an angry woman looming over him presses her foot on his face.

“You’ll notice some significant changes at http://DHVANI.com,” the Portland, Oregon based company tweeted Monday. “We realize that some of our customers won’t agree with our activism and that’s okay with us. We’re not afraid to make bold statements & exercise our first amendment rights.”

AdAge reported on the Times Square “Lady Liberty” purchase on Thursday, which includes “middle school teacher and Marine Corps veteran Michal Mesa” looming over Mr. Trump.

“[It’s] inspired by the superhero Wonder Woman and her Lasso of Truth,” Ad Age reported.

 

Read entire article here: ‘Donald Trump’ bound, abused appears in Dhvani’s Tim

38 people cited for violations in Clinton email probe

38 people cited for violations in Clinton email probe

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department has completed its internal investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of private email and found violations by 38 people, some of whom may face disciplinary action.

The investigation, launched more than three years ago, determined that those 38 people were “culpable” in 91 cases of sending classified information that ended up in Clinton’s personal email, according to a letter sent to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley this week and released on Friday. The 38 are current and former State Department officials but were not identified.

Although the report identified violations, it said investigators had found “no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.” However, it also made clear that Clinton’s use of the private email had increased the vulnerability of classified information.

The Associated Press sent an email seeking comment to a Clinton representative.

The investigation covered 33,000 emails that Clinton turned over for review after her use of the private email account became public. The department said it found a total of 588 violations involving information then or now deemed to be classified but could not assign fault in 497 cases.

For current and former officials, culpability means the violations will be noted in their files and will be considered when they apply for or go to renew security clearances. For current officials, there could also be some kind of disciplinary action. But it was not immediately clear what that would be.

The report concluded “that the use of a private email system to conduct official business added an increased degree of risk of compromise as a private system lacks the network monitoring and intrusion detection capabilities of State Department networks.”

The department began the review in 2016 after declaring 22 emails from Clinton’s private server to be “top secret.” Clinton was then running for president against Donald Trump, and Trump made the server a major focus of his campaign.

Then-FBI Director James Comey held a news conference that year in which he criticized Clinton as “extremely careless” in her use of the private email server as secretary of state but said the FBI would not recommend charges.

The Justice Department’s inspector general said FBI specialists did not find evidence that the server had been hacked, with one forensics agent saying he felt “fairly confident that there wasn’t an intrusion.”

Grassley started investigating Clinton’s email server in 2017, when he was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. The Iowa Republican has been critical of Clinton’s handling of classified information and urged administrative sanctions.

Source: 38 people cited for violations in Clinton email probe

Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

Outraged by secretly taped anti-Trump comments attributed to CNN President Jeff Zucker and others at the cable network, President Trump’s campaign is vowing to sue the company for “a substantial payment of damages.”

 

Outraged by secretly taped anti-Trump comments attributed to CNN President Jeff Zucker and others at the cable network, President Trump’s campaign is vowing to sue the company for “a substantial payment of damages.”

In a four-page letter to CNN, Zucker, and Executive Vice President David Vigilante, Trump attorney Charles J. Harder cited years of anti-Trump bias at the network and claimed the cable giant has broken its promise of “excellence in journalism.”

Listing several examples from the just-released Project Veritas videotapes of CNN insiders describing Zucker’s demand for “impeachment above all else,” Harder wrote that they “are merely the tip of the iceberg of the evidence my clients have accumulated over recent years.”

He added, “Never in the history of this country has a President been the subject of such a sustained barrage of unfair, unfounded, unethical and unlawful attacks by so-called ‘mainstream’ news, as the current situation.”

Harder represents both Trump and the campaign. The letter was provided exclusively to Secrets and is shown in full below.

While media is typically protected by the First Amendment, Harder said the bias he cited at CNN was a violation of the Lanham Act “by constituting misrepresentations to the public, to your advertisers, and to others” to distribute “truly fair and balanced” news.

“Accordingly, my clients intend to file legal action against you, to seek compensatory damages, treble damages, punitive damages, injunctive relief, reimbursement of legal costs, and all other available legal and equitable remedies, to the maximum extent permitted by law,” said the letter.

What’s more, he suggested that even if the campaign and CNN come to an agreement, he would seek money as part of that deal.

“Please contact the undersigned to discuss an appropriate resolution of this matter, which would include a substantial payment of damages, as well as all other appropriate measures that are necessary to fully address the magnitude of the situation,” wrote Harder in the letter sent by overnight mail and email on Wednesday.

Trump has long been at war with CNN and other media he dubs “fake news.” CNN’s White House reporter, Jim Acosta, and Trump have tussled publicly, and Acosta wrote a book sharply critical of the president titled The Enemy of the People.

In three new, secretly taped videos, Project Veritas said they show CNN insiders detailing Zucker’s anti-Trump views.

Those comments, wrote Harder, show that CNN is violating journalism ethics.

“Recently released video footage of individuals alleged to be your employees indicates that your reporting relating to President Trump is contrary to your own mission and the aforementioned Code of Ethics. Your own employees appear to state that CNN is focused on trying to ‘take down President Trump,’ driven by a ‘personal vendetta’ that Mr. Zucker purportedly has against him, rather than reporting the news in an objective manner,” wrote Harder.

See entire article here: Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

0